As lately my hair has lost its last particle of brightness and moreover the autumn has already started its fall, I decided to give my hair the well deserved pamper with a new complete mask, I haven’t tried so far, that will overcome all its current problems. So I made up a exhaustive list with all the properties the hair lacks and researched specific ingredients for each of them. I mixed them up and spread on the hair roots and along the hair.
Since I’m very pleased with the results I shared here all the steps in preparing it, with all the relevant images. If something is not clear, feel free to ask and I’ll promptly give you clarifications.
My hair now looks bouncy and happy! Look at the result!:)
What you need?
- 1 egg yolk (you may need less than yolk, as you can adjust the quantity according to the preferred texture)
- coconut oil
- jojoba oil (my first try!)
- 1 small bowl
Why did I choose them? Below I wrote the main benefits these ingredients will bring along:
Egg Yolks are a rich source of protein that helps strengthen hair follicles. Besides, they are also rich in vitamins; vitamin A prevents dandruff, vitamin B improves oxygen supply to hair, vitamin D promotes growth and vitamin E improves blood circulation.
It is my favorite conditioner for hair. Most oils just coat your hair providing minimal moisturizing and repair. But not coconut oil. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft to moisturize from within, repair hair and protect your hair from damage caused by hair products & heat. These are the most important properties of coconut oil:
- Moisturizes your hair and scalp
- It is anti-fungal
- Gets rid of dandruff
- Penetrates the hair shaft
- Protects your hair from losing protein
- Contains vitamin E and lauric acid, which makes the hair strong and healthy hair
- Contains fatty acids that strengthen your hair resulting in less split ends
- Gives your hair brightness
It acts as a stimulator and prevents your hair from dryness and avoids your hair to become brittle which leads to hair loss. It is a liquid wax ester as it also cleanses your pores by giving them some space and allowing new hair to grow there.
1) Mix the egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Press very well with the tea spoon on the bottom of the bowl as lumps of coconut oil still remain after the mix.
2) Add approximately 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil, and again mix and press very well so as to obtain a fine cream.
3) I tried to apply the way it was but the paste was too thick, so I added another 2 spoons of water and mixed again.
It still remains hard to be applied but insist on the coconut oil lumps as they will get through the hair strands quickly.
Enjoy the benefits!